NVR Privacy Notice
Last updated: 2023-05-17
NVR, Inc., which includes the following brands, Ryan Homes, NVHomes, and Heartland Homes, (collectively, “NVR” “we”, “us, “our”) respects your privacy and values the relationship we have with you. This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes the types of personal information we collect about you when you (i) visit our websites, (ii) visit our homes (i.e., when you visit one of our model homes) or (iii) otherwise contact or interact with us in connection with our products or services. This Notice also describes how we may use your personal information, with whom we may share the information, and the choices that are available to you regarding our use of the information . This Notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of your personal information and how to contact us about our privacy practices.Information We Collect
Uses of Your Personal Information
Sharing of Your Personal Information
Links to Third Parties and Third-Party Features
Choices and Rights
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Updates to this Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
NVR may collect personal information about you in various ways, such as when you visit our websites or our model homes. The types of personal information may include:
- Your contact information, such as your name, email address and phone number.
- Your state, county or zip code along with information about your home preferences, such as price range, square footage and property type, when you provide such information to search for a home on our websites or with our Sales Representatives.
- Your marital status and your military or veteran status if you choose to purchase a home with us.
- Information you submit through web forms on our websites or when you use interactive features of our websites. For example, when you provide information using the live chat feature on our websites or when we collect answers to questions you provide through the “Contact Us” feature on our websites.
- Information you share when you interact with our Customer Care Team or Sales Representatives. For example, when we work to find the best home for you, we may collect additional personal information about you, such as your buying preferences, communities of interest, or other information required to provide a service you have requested.
- Information you share when you participate in surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes;
- We also may collect personal information from you when you interact with our social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, which may include your name and email address along with your comment. In some instances, we may communicate with you through these social media pages and may collect the information that you provide in response to such communications. This Notice does not cover the privacy and security practices of these social media sites.
Information We Obtain By Automated Means: When you visit our websites, interact with our social media pages, or open our emails, we and our third-party service providers may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your device, type of device, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of visits to our websites. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our websites; (3) tailor our websites around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our websites and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our websites and help ensure they are working properly. Our websites and emails include features that may collect different types of location information. Our websites may allow you to search for our nearest homes. If you access one of our websites through a mobile device and you have enabled location-based services, specific location information may be collected for these features. If you access these features through a desktop device, you may be able to choose to have your browser provide us your location information to respond to your request. The specificity of the desktop device location information can vary depending on the browser you are using and how you are connected to the Internet. Our emails also may use your IP Address to determine the postal code where you are located when you open the email. This allows us to tailor content to you, such as a map of our nearby homes. The specificity of the location can vary depending on the device used to open our emails.
Our websites are not designed to respond to “do no track” signals from browsers. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
- Understanding more about you so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allowing you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Providing you personalized views of website content areas.
- Enabling you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker.
- Sending you questionnaires or surveys for us to provide better products and services to our customers and end users.
- Communicating with you about contests, sweepstakes or other marketing promotional activities (a “Promotion”).
- Communicating with you regarding feedback or support questions you may have, including through the live chat feature on our websites, and maintaining and using transcripts of communications.
- Responding to any recruitment inquiries.
- Protecting against and prevent fraud, unauthorized activities, claims and other liabilities.
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products, services and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies and terms, including our Terms and Conditions.
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Updates and Preferences: If you would like to update your contact information, please contact us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. Also, you can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by selecting the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails or contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. We will apply your preferences going forward. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional messages from us.
Virginia Rights: If you are a Virginia resident and you use our products or services or otherwise interact with us in an individual or household capacity (and not in a commercial or employment context), you have the right to request:
- Access to your personal information;
- Deletion of your personal information;
- Correction of your personal information;
- A portable copy of personal information you previously provided to us; and
- Opt-out of the processing of your personal information for purposes of targeted advertising.